Thomas Findley, MD, PhD, has made numerous contributions to the field of fascia research, including co-founding the International Fascia Research Congress and serving as the Executive Director from its inception through 2013. In this spirit and in honor of his 70th birthday, the Fascia Research Society created the Findley Fascia Fellowship Fund and Dr. Findley generously matched contributions made by December 15, 2019 on a 1 to 1 basis up to $25,000.
GRANT PROPOSAL DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 31, 2020
Fellowship grants will be awarded to assist students who are doing fascia related scientific research, to help pay for travel and other expenses necessary for them to conduct and present their research at the Sixth International Fascia Research Congress in Montreal, September 14-15, 2021. The Board of the Fascia Research Society will review requests and disburse grants based on merit and available funding. The criteria for award selection will include:
- The applicant is enrolled in a doctoral degree program or post-doctoral fellowship
- The research is IRB-approved
- An abstract of the research is submitted
Grant proposals will be accepted December 15, 2019 through August 31, 2020. Please be sure your Word or PDF proposal includes the following elements. We have provided a proposal template for this below. Please fill it out and save as .doc, .docx, or .pdf, and email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the Grant Proposal template
- Graduate degree (year awarded or expected)
- Postdoctoral position (if applicable)
- Agreement to submit abstract for presentation at the Fascia Research Congress, September 2021. If accepted, agree to present in person as a poster or oral paper.
- 500 word project abstract, including:
- Project background and/or literature review
- Methods and measurements
- Results reported (or expected by September 2021)
- Conclusion and relevance to fascia research and/or clinical practice
- List of project bibliographic references (not part of 500 word limit)
Notification of acceptance will be sent by October 15, 2020. Submission dates for the Fascia Research Congress will be published in the first quarter of 2021.
Selected applicants will receive editorial assistance for their abstracts to be submitted to the Fascia Research Congress.